Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review - MAC Prolongwear Foundation

I normally wear Estee Lauder Doublewear and swear by it but I've wanted to try something more natural looking for everyday wear. I think Estee Lauder will always be my go to foundation for night time and weddings etc but I'd like to keep it for just those occasions. I've been testing different foundations over the last few weeks and out of all of them MAC Prolongwear was the winner.  This foundation is definitely one of the best MAC foundations I’ve tried. It’s designed to give up to fifteen hours of wear in any environmental condition while still being lightweight and delivering sheer to medium coverage. I would say its more medium to full coverage. It has a silicon-creamy wonderful consistency and has great coverage/buildable without looking cakey. You need to work quite fast with this foundation, otherwise it'll look patchy and un-even.  What I love about it also it that it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. The finish is semi-matte and at the same time gives me a nice glow to my skin. One thing I would say is that I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with very dry skin. It will stick to any dry patches and emphasise them. This would be a brill foundation for someone with oily skin and I would recommend using a powder to set this. MAC Mineralise Skin Finish goes lovely with this foundation...


Overall this foundation is one of my favorites and will continue to purchase. No breakouts or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment