Saturday, November 5, 2011

Review - Kate Moss Lipsticks for Rimmel

I finally dragged myself to Boots to try out the much anticipated lipsticks from Rimmel designed by Kate Moss and I was not disappointed. The packaging of each tube is black with a matte finish and Kate's signature on the lid and they were only 6.49euro each.
.
The seven shades have been hand chosen by Kate herself and I wanted them all but would definitely be divorced if I landed out with a pile of lipsticks. The hubby stood outside the window with the snotty chile staring in the window of Boots watching me drooling over the lipsticks..lol...I eventually forced myself to pick just  2 to try out and wasn't disappointed.


I bought No. 3 a perfect not-too-pale nude and No. 5 a brighter pink shade. They were 6.49 each in Boots. I played it safe and picked No. 3 the nude colour to go with a nice smokey eye and the brighter pink colour no 5 to brighten up a natural eye. I made the mistake yesterday walking through Dunnes where I reached into my bag thinking I just had the No. 3 in there and generously smeared it all over my lips. Half an hour later driving home I nearly crashed the car I'd be smearing the bright pink No. 5 all over me puss, not a pretty sight. I looked like I was just let out for the day!!..the bloody shame...IThe lipsticks are highly pigmented and feel quite moisturising on the lips. I don't find them to be particularly long lasting like their supposed to. I found the longest they lasted was for about an hour but that doesn't really bother me. think I'll invest in the red and fushia shade...



I think for a makeup artist this whole collection would be a fab addition to your kit but for someone looking for just a lipstick for their own makeup bag No. 1 the red, and No. 3 the nude would definitely be worth investing in...xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment