Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review - Rimmell Lash Accelerator Mascara

Sorry everyone - Another mascara review....I'm gone a little obsessed!!

I really wanted to like this mascara. I love Rimmel and have always had a great experience with their products and the fact that this had a lash accelerator and wasn't too expensive got me really excited about this.
I have read so many reviews on this mascara and the results are half and half, people either hate it or absolutely love it!!
For this review I have done something a little different, I got my poor momma to be the guinea pig. My eyes have gotten very sensitive at the minute, probably from constantly trying so many products, so I have been sticking to my trusty Boujois Mascara for sensitive eyes. My mum was saying she wanted to try something different so I picked this bad boy out for her to try. She was looking for all the things this mascara was offering, a thin wand as she has short lashes and the promise of new longer fuller healthier lashes.

This is how Rimmel describe it...
Lash Accelerator Mascara is our first mascara that actually helps to promote the natural growth of beautifully long, remarkably strong lashes. Instantly, your lashes look up to 80% longer, but then after 30 days of continued use, they’ll appear up to 117% longer! Our exclusive GROW-LASH complex, features Procapil® which works to strengthen lashes’ roots and also contains natural lash enhancing ingredients such as, biotin, keratin, and bamboo extract which help to reinforce, restore and moisturize your lashes.
After reading this I was expecting momma to have Kim Kardashian's eyelashes but unfortunately this didn't happen. She wasn't too impressed and let me know she would never buy this again - whoooopsies.
Now first off though, she did like the wand, found it very easy to use and she really liked how the bristles were distributed. However, she found that the formula was too watery and it took FOREVER to dry. Throughout the day, it kept on bleeding through her under eye area as well, leaving her with panda eyes. She also thought it felt very heavy on her lashes. This was discarded and binned after about 2 weeks so I never got to find out if it would have made her lashes grow thicker or stronger.


Overall, this was not worth the 10 to 11 euro spent on it and it definitely does not do what it says on the tin.
Laters...xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment